by Bill Costley
Winnip@c, veiled 3-headed goddess of cia-deception, destroys all who invoke her hidden name.
- Winnipac, (helden sop.) goddess of cia-deception
- Valkerie Frame/Plame/Wilson (mezzo-sop.) priestess of cia-deception.
- Dubya Bush, (helden tenor), 43rd Potus.
- Dick Cheney, (basso) his vicious-Potus.
- Irv Libby (tenor), scooter to the vicious-Potus.
- Karl Rover, (counter-tenor) castrator to the Potus.
- Judith Miller (contralto), a priestess of the Nyt.
- FitzGerald, (brass-bar.), the Inquisitor.
Act I: Upon the broad banks of the Potomac.
Aria: “Bitch Goddess”
bitch your best.
I will not rest.
I will not rest.
Dick Cheney, to Dubya (sprechstimme):
Dub, who is this bitch?
What’s her f’n name?
Dubya stammering (sprechstimme):
Valkerie Flame; Valkerie Plame, a Valekrie, a f'n dame.
Act II: Way Out West.
Aria: "Way Out West"
Libby, to Miller (bel canto):
Way out West, where you vacation,
the aspens, they will be turning;
they turn in clusters, knowing
their roots so connect them.
Act III: At the Lincoln Monument, beside a flaming pyre on the broad banks of the Potomac.
Inquisitor Fitzgerald, seated on Lincoln’s lap, thwhispers (sprechstimme):
What did Miller make...of this reference to...connected roots?
Miller, below him, an abject supplicant, (bel canto):
The last time
I’d seen Libby
was August 2003,
at a ro-de-o
in Jackson Ho’
a man in jeans
and cowboy hat
and asked me
about a conference
I'd just attended
in Aspen, CO; Oh,
I had no idea
who he was...
until he told me.
Libby, thwhispering from behind a dusty screen (sprechstimme):
Judy – I’m Scooter…Libby.
Judy – you do not know me, but
Judy – you may someday name me.
[to be continued]
Bill Costley serves on the Steering Committee of the San Francisco chapter of the National Writers Union.