Guidelines



Submission Guidelines: Send unpublished poems in the body of an email (NO ATTACHMENTS) to nvneditor[at]gmail.com. No simultaneous submissions. Use "Verse News Submission" as the subject line. Send a brief bio. No payment. Authors retain all rights after 1st-time appearance here. Scroll down the right sidebar for the fine print.

Monday, October 27, 2008

MONEY GO BYE BYE

BANK ACCOUNT DOWN WAY DOWN--DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN--NO END IN SIGHT WISH I HAD MORE BUT I DON’T HELLO LONG LINES AT THE CAR WASH EMPLOYEE APPLICATION DESK I’M REALLY GETTING TIRED OF DRINKING KETCHUP STRAIGHT FROM THE BOTTLE I’M SORRY ARE YOU GOING TO FINISH THAT TACO

by Dale Goodson


I
am somewhat fearful
about
the future

last night
I tried to sleep as
they repaved 12th St.

at least those guys
had something new to offer
as they ground yesterday
to a pulp


Dale Goodson is a writer from Seattle currently living in New York City.
________________________________________