Guidelines



Submission Guidelines: Send unpublished poems in the body of an email (NO ATTACHMENTS) to nvneditor[at]gmail.com. No simultaneous submissions. Use "Verse News Submission" as the subject line. Send a brief bio. No payment. Authors retain all rights after 1st-time appearance here. Scroll down the right sidebar for the fine print.

Tuesday, August 01, 2017

SCARAMUCCI RHAPSODY RISING

by John Dooley




“But now I’ve gone and thrown it all away.” —Freddie Mercury


I see a little silhouette of a man,
Scaramucci, Scaramucci, well, he got the Trump: fire-go.
Thunderbolt and lightning,
Very, very frightening me.
(Galileo) Galileo.
(Galileo) Galileo,
Galileo, what a mouth.
Magnifico-o-o-o-o.

“I'm just a rich boy, nobody loves me.”
“He's just a rich boy from a poor family,”
“Spare him his life from this monstrosity.”

Easy come, easy go, will you make me go?

Oh, Papa Donald Papa Donald Papa Donald Let me go!
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me, for me, for me.

So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye?
So you think you can love me and leave me to die?
Oh, Donnie, can't do this to me, baby,
“Just gotta get out, just gotta get right the !@#$%^& outta here.”

(Ooooh, ooh yeah, ooh yeah)

Nothing really matters,
Anyone can see,
Nothing really matters,
Nothing really matters to me.

Any way the wind blows.


John Dooley lives in the national forest near Prescott, Arizona, teaches in the Masters in Counseling Psychology program at Prescott College, and advocates for peace.