Guidelines



Submission Guidelines: Send unpublished poems in the body of an email (NO ATTACHMENTS) to nvneditor[at]gmail.com. No simultaneous submissions. Use "Verse News Submission" as the subject line. Send a brief bio. No payment. Authors retain all rights after 1st-time appearance here. Scroll down the right sidebar for the fine print.

Friday, September 06, 2013

JENNY TWERKED ME

by Barb Crane





    with apologies to James Henry Leigh Hunt

Jenny twerked me when we met,
jumping from the chair she perched in.
Jenny moved in etiquette
that took my breath away. She lurched in
time to music, thrusting hips.
I’m old and weary but she perked me
up, and my lapsed member-ship.
I’m renewed. Jenny twerked me.


Barb Crane has published two chapbooks, Zero Gravitas (White Violet Press, 2012) and Alphabetricks (for children, Daffydowndilly Press, 2013).  In 2011 she won the Helen Schaible International Sonnet Award. Her poems currently appear in The Rotary Dial and Atlanta Review, and are forthcoming in Mezzo Cammin and First Things.