Guidelines



Submission Guidelines: Send unpublished poems in the body of an email (NO ATTACHMENTS) to nvneditor[at]gmail.com. No simultaneous submissions. Use "Verse News Submission" as the subject line. Send a brief bio. No payment. Authors retain all rights after 1st-time appearance here. Scroll down the right sidebar for the fine print.

Sunday, August 27, 2023

PURSUANT

by J.I. Kleinberg


National Transportation Safety Board investigators examine the recovered engine of the DHC-3 Turbine Otter, two weeks after it crashed off Whidbey Island last September.(NTSB) via The Seattle Times, August 24, 2023


     Stories seen in The Seattle Times, August 25, 2023:

 


In keeping with trending news,

I’ve decided I’m going to sue God.

It has become obvious and inarguable

that I bear no responsibility 

for my own fuckups or for my trespass

on others. Someone must be blamed,

and God, who seems mostly to do

nothing at all and has the deepest

of all deep pockets and all the time

in the world, is in the frame.

I trust that God will surrender

to authorities and will be held

without bail.



J.I. Kleinberg is an artist, poet, and freelance writer. Her poetry has appeared in Anti-Heroin ChicDiagramThe Indianapolis ReviewThe Madrona ProjectSheila-Na-Gig, and many other print and online journals and anthologies worldwide. She lives in Bellingham, Washington, USA and online at chocolateisaverb.wordpress.com and has chapbooks forthcoming from Bottlecap Press, Ravenna Press, and Milk & Cake Press.