Guidelines



Submission Guidelines: Send unpublished poems in the body of an email (NO ATTACHMENTS) to nvneditor[at]gmail.com. No simultaneous submissions. Use "Verse News Submission" as the subject line. Send a brief bio. No payment. Authors retain all rights after 1st-time appearance here. Scroll down the right sidebar for the fine print.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

FROM THE TABLE TALK...
OF RMN (RICHARD M. NIXXXON)

by Bill Costley


“All crooks may be morally equal,”
RMN officiously intoned, “But...as
you all know: I am {NOT} a Crook!”

“Ted, I see you’re fanning C-notes;
did-ya just collect your lunch-money?”
RMN knuckled vice-president STA.

Who the fuck! slipped this ice-cube*
with a fucking! hOle in it in my drink?
Is sOmebOdy here…fucking! sick?

The fucking! kikes are out2get me,
Henry (Kissinger), especially shrinks.
You’re not a kike, Henry, you're a Yid.

“Always speak2the strategy, never2
any particular tactic; just scramble it up
w/ with lots of geopolitical necessities.”

“Western Hemisphere: my right-ball;
Eastern Hemisphere: my new left-ball.
(Chairman Mao loves my ball-joke.)”

“If Jesus came back2day, he’d love me;
He said he loved all sinners, & I’m just
a simple geo-political sinner. Amen.”

“If I have2go, I’ll go quietly, but I’ll leave...
noBody standing 2witness my tragic fall;
so, (technically), it never happened.”


*RMN feared ice-cubes w/holes formed inside them,
banning them from San Clemente, & had any Jewish
psychiatrists screened & banned from any audience.



Bill Costley serves on the Steering Committee of the San Francisco chapter of the National Writers Union. The first twelve books of his epic-in progress The Cheni@d appear here in The New Verse News. Book XIII begins Volume Two here.