Guidelines



Submission Guidelines: Send unpublished poems in the body of an email (NO ATTACHMENTS) to nvneditor[at]gmail.com. No simultaneous submissions. Use "Verse News Submission" as the subject line. Send a brief bio. No payment. Authors retain all rights after 1st-time appearance here. Scroll down the right sidebar for the fine print.

Friday, June 15, 2007

TO-DO LIST

by Pat Maslowski


I need to rearrange the stones.
I wonder if there will be time.

It's early in the day.
The news has barely begun.

There is more fighting in Lebanon.
Hamas has taken the Gaza Strip.

The death of Palestinian Democracy
is predicted.

I think the rabbit has eaten the blue blooms
in the pot on the porch.

The porch needs washing and restaining.

“I search for the truth,” the Kosovo Muslim
says as he prays five times a day.

What can be done with all this violence
within and without thousands of miles away?

A Muslim society within a European society.

I hope there is time today for me
to rearrange the stones.


Pat Maslowski lives in Drake, Colorado overlooking a wonderful meadow. She is a retired teacher and librarian.